Seneca International Student Website Hiring International Students  
Study at Seneca
Hiring International Students

Past Jobs...
Marketing & International Business Representatives
Computer Technicians
& Programmers
Travel, Tourism and Esthetics representatives
Mechanical Technicians (Tool and Die/Mould Making)
Fashion Designers & Visual Merchandisers
Graphic & Digital Media Designers

Be A World-Class Boss

Graduates need that 'all important' first job in their program of study. International graduates are not different, in this regard. The Canadian government* acknowledges this and grants international graduates an opportunity to experience the Canadian work environment. The opportunities are a win-win situation for both parties. For the international graduate, it is to gain practical knowledge and skills from Canadian experts and for Canadian employers it is an opportunity to acquire a better understanding of business practices in other countries and hopefully make connections for future business and trading partners.

A quote from the CIC website: " Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recognizes the importance of foreign students and graduates to the academic and cultural communities as well as to the Canadian economy."

What Are The Rules?

An international graduate who has studied in Canada for one academic year or more, is eligible to work in Canada, in a program-related job.

A work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program. For example, if the international graduate successfully completed a four-year degree program, the international graduate is eligible for a three-year work permit if he/she meets the criteria. If the international graduate successfully completed an eight-month undergraduate or post graduate certificate program, he/she would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for eight months.

How To Do It

If you make a decision to hire an international graduate, good for you! Please check the Service Canada website at: The international graduate will take your letter of intent to hire and forward it to Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) requesting to change his or her status from a 'Canadian Study Permit' to a 'Canadian Work Permit'. Once the graduate has his/her status changed, he/she is free to be employed at your company.

*For further information on this process, please contact the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: